Various locations in Mount Vernon.
Driving Tourism Along the Historic Bankhead Highway
It’s time to drive visitors to your cafes, theatres, museums, parks and great historic downtowns along the Historic Bankhead Highway. We have a workshop and tourist experience ready to help you do that – all you need to do is motor on over!
Through a partnership with the Texas Historical Commission, the cities of Big Spring, Weatherford, and Mount Vernon have developed new tourism experiences that celebrate the history of the Historic Bankhead Highway. City officials, business owners, and cultural leaders are ready to show off new tours, exhibits, films, festivals, classic car rallies, and cultural demonstrations – and you can be their first audience.
Two-day workshops in each city will provide participants with two valuable perspectives – an immersive tourist experience and beginning-end-to-end tools for development. All designed to inspire implementation of your ideas for renewed heritage tourism results in your own city.
Who should attend? Individuals and groups from cities wanting to:
- Enhance the tourism readiness of sites and downtowns
- Identify places, people and stories revealing a community’s Bankhead heritage
- Participate in newly created tourism products and hear from their creators
- Brainstorm your city’s local talent and heritage assets
- Understand audience expectations for authenticity and activity
- Receive tools for every stage of heritage tourism product development
Please join us to take advantage of the upcoming THC Historic Bankhead Highway mobile app and growing enthusiasm to create special travel events for 2016, the centennial celebration of the legislation that created the Bankhead Highway. Every town has something special to offer the Bankhead traveler, refine your destination offering at one of these workshops.
Click the link to register.
Mount Vernon – June 25 & 26 $35 includes all events
Thank you. Hope to see you there.