The original 1884 Italianate courthouse by Bredding and Sons was enclosed by the 1926 Classical Revival design by Henry T. Phelps. The exterior rough-cut sandstone was retained from the original courthouse.
The restoration of the courthouse included a new electrical system, repairs to the cornice, and paint restoration on three vault doors. Suspended ceilings were removed to expose the original plaster ceilings, crown molding, and the top sash of windows in a St. John's cross design. A 1940 painted wainscot was discovered in the courtroom, matching the historic stained concrete floors.
The courthouse's rededication ceremony was held on Sept. 1, 2004.
Before and After Restoration