This Romanesque revival courthouse, constructed in 1892, is the work of James Riely Gordon. It features native white limestone with red Pecos sandstone accents and, as one of Gordon's earlier works, it displays several features that have become hallmarks of his courthouse designs.
The building experienced sandstone deterioration and water infiltration. The grant-funded project included replacing the inappropriate metal windows, repairing/replacing deteriorated sandstone, and restoring significant inferior public spaces.
It was completed in August 2002.
Before and After Restoration