The Italianate courthouse designed by F.S. Glover and Company and completed in 1894 features both brick and native stone. It incorporates the east wall and foundations of an earlier courthouse that was destroyed by fire.
Much of the courthouse's historic wood exhibited signs of termite infestation. Water infiltration damaged the structural components and plaster, and the structural framing in the attic and the county clerk's office needed additional support.
The work on the courthouse focused on repairing deteriorated elements, including structural repairs to the attic and roof, damp proofing and masonry repair, ADA modifications, systems upgrades, and a fire protection system.
This work was completed in June 2002.
Before and After Restoration