The Roberts County courthouse was designed by noted Texas architect Elmer George Withers in 1913 in the Classical Revival style popular in early 20th century public architecture.
The courthouse is constructed of brick with columned porticos above monumental stairs. A cast stone balustrade frames a red clay mission tile roof above the two entrances.
All new building systems were carefully integrated into the project. The district courtroom features a beautifully restored plaster frieze contrasting with decorative stenciled freizes in all other spaces. An hexagonal ceramic tile floor with inlaid mosaic patterns, including a large star at the main corridor crossing, complement the restored marble base, marble wainscot, and plaster walls.
The courthouse was rededicated on June 2, 2012.
Before and After Restoration