The Val Verde County Courthouse is an 1887 design by Larmour & Watson.
The existing metal roof with central dome is a 1915 alteration to the original Second Empire style. The limestone masonry building has many classical details including triangular pediments and dentils.
The restoration included the cleaning and patching of the exterior masonry, as well as the inclusion of replicated hardware and the rebuilding of the 1915 exterior masonry porches at all four entries.
The courthouse was rededicated on July 23, 2004.
Before and After Restoration