E.H. Eades of Shamrock, Texas, designed this 1925 brick courthouse in the Classical Revival style.
All new electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems were installed. A fully accessible elevator in a new location allowed for full restoration of the historic balcony, spatial dimensions, and original furnishings in the district courtroom. A new accessible entry and parking was added.
Exterior work included repairs to the steel windows, removal of non-historic aluminum entry doors, restoration of wood doors, and installation of a below grade water proofing to protect the building's new ground floor offices and foundation.
The rededication was held on Oct. 16, 2004.
Before and After Restoration