Designed by Charles H. Page of Austin in 1909, the Williamson County courthouse is a sister of the Hays county courthouse in San Marcos.
Rich in detail of the Beaux Arts style, the building's roofline was substantially altered in 1965 when the ornamental terra cotta balustrade and pediments were removed due to damage.
Planned in 2001, the $9 million restoration project was funded in 2004 and included removal of a floor inserted into the double height district courtroom and historically unsympathetic remodeling of the county courtroom.
The rededication was held in October 2006.
Before and After Restoration