Jack County Courthouse
Jacksboro, Jack County
The Jack County Courthouse was listed in the National Register on December 4, 2012, at the local level of significance, in the areas of Architecture and Government.
Partially funded by the Public Works Administration, the courthouse has served as the center of county government since 1940. The architectural firm Voelcker & Dixon of Wichita Falls produced a design that followed contemporary trends, blending traditional elements from classical architecture with popular modernistic forms, ornamentation, fixtures, and finishes, resulting in a richly textured and finely-detailed building. The courthouse is an excellent example of Texas’s early modern courthouses.
Download the Jack County Courthouse nomination.