Internship Title: Preservation Design Intern
Supervising Division/Department/Site: Community Heritage Development Division
Semester Internship is Available: Fall/Spring/Summer
Work Location Address: 1304 Colorado Ave, Austin, TX 78701
Duration: To be determined (Can be semester based or as needed for project)
Application Closing Date: Until Filled
Hours/Week: As long as needed to complete the project; this project can be completed remotely
Travel Required: No
INTERNSHIP JOB DESCRIPTION:
Under the direction of the Main Street Program staff, the intern will:
- Complete façade renderings, signage designs, and logos for small businesses in Main Street cities
- Utilize computer and graphic resources to effectively and efficiently convey design and preservation/rehabilitation concepts or solutions
- Develop concepts and renderings in conformance with The Secretary of the Interior's Standards
Complies with agency Internship policies and procedures.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
- Edit images of building using Photoshop to depict preservation/rehabilitation concepts and designs based on the Main Street staffs' recommendations. Hand drawnings can also be acceptable.
- Ccreate original signage and logo designs
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Good knowledge of graphic design programs, file formats, sizes, and vector based design preferred. Program examples include, Adobe Photoshop and/or Adobe Illustrator. Knowledge of standard office computer skills necessary. Ability to work independently and on detailed tasks.
Applications will be accepted from currently-enrolled college students who are sophomores, juniors, seniors, or graduate students. Degree or expected degree in architecture, history, graphic design, or a related field. Recent graduates with a bachelor seeking or have applied to a masters program may also apply.
REMARKS (Application procedure, Special requirements): Applications must be submitted on the Texas Historical Commission’s Internship Application available on the web at www.thc.texas.gov. Please mail applications to P.O. Box 12276, Austin, Texas 78711 or deliver them in person at 1700 N. Congress Avenue, Suite B-65, Austin, Texas. A resume and current transcript must be submitted with your application. Resumes cannot be submitted in lieu of applications. Applications will be reviewed, and top applicants will be contacted for interviews. After a qualified person has been chosen for the specified internship, letters will be mailed to all interviewed applicants letting them know that the position has been filled. Disability access for application submission, testing and interview accommodations can be provided upon reasonable notice.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER