County Historical Commissions (CHC) provide an annual report of activities to the Texas Historical Commission (THC). As a courtesy, the CHC Outreach Program provides a report template to encourage CHCs to fulfill statutory reporting responsibilities. Reporting each year enables CHCs to comment on timely preservation issues, as well as document organizational efforts. CHC Outreach uses Texas’ Statewide Preservation Plan as the framework for the report to assist CHCs in complying with their statutory responsibility to align CHC efforts with the statewide plan.
CHC Reporting Responsibilities
CHC Outreach sends an email message to CHC Chairs in January with a link to an online report. A paper report is provided to CHC chairs who do not have access to the Internet. This report is used to document activities for the previous year of service. After evaluating the reports, CHC Outreach recommends THC programs and services that will address the areas of need and also suggests local, regional, and statewide partners that may enhance the overall outcome of CHC efforts.
- Access more information about CHC reporting responsiblities here.
- Find out how to improve an annual report here.
- Learn how THC staff learn about CHCs through reporting data here.
Online Reporting for CHCs
Online reporting enables CHC Outreach to analyze cumulative results, provide more accurate statewide CHC statistics, and identify regional trends for preservationists. We encourage CHCs to become more computer-friendly in order to access this online report, as well as to the variety of preservation tools and resources available online.
By participating in the online reporting method, CHC activity can be documented, compiled, and promoted in more efficient and meaningful ways. Reporting results are used to illustrate the importance of CHC work to public officials and preservation partners. Most importantly, online reporting information allows our staff to better serve the needs of each CHC.
Although online reporting is preferred, the THC is committed to serve individuals regardless of access or familiarity with computers or the Internet. Paper versions of the report are provided to individuals who do not have an email address. Photo at right courtesy of Matagorda CHC.
Reporting Summaries and Related Links
Cumulative results posted below show general summaries of reporting statistics only. Reporting results that include open-ended answers are usually about 400 pages. If you are interested in these longer documents, please make an Open Records request to secure a copy of the comprehensive reporting results. Photo below of Matagorda CHC appointees and friends; Matagorda CHC regularly reports and provides detailed project descriptions that promote their outstanding service.
- CHC Annual Report Tracking from 2008 to 2016 (PDF)
- 2016 Annual Report Summary (PDF)
- 2016 Annual Report Cumulative Results (PDF)
- Reporting financial results supplement (PDF)
- 2016 Sample CHC Project Descriptions (PDF)
- CHC Recruitment and Retention Efforts--2011 through 2015 (PDF)
- 2015 Annual Report Summary (PDF)
- 2015 Annual Report Cumulative Results (PDF)
- 2014 Annual Report Summary (PDF)
- 2014 Annual Report Cumulative Results (PDF)
- 2014 Sample CHC Project Descriptions (PDF)
- 2013 Annual Report Summary (PDF)
- 2012 Annual Report Summary (PDF)
- 2012 Annual Report Cumulative Results (PDF)
- 2012 Sample CHC Project Descriptions (PDF)
- 2011 Annual Report Summary (PDF)
- 2011 Annual Report Cumulative Results (PDF)
- 2011 Sample CHC Project Descriptions (Word)
- Spreadsheet for Tracking Service Hours (Excel)
More CHC reporting information here.