National Register Listed: 84001875
Owned by Fred O. Grimes, Sr., Grimes Garage was erected in 1914 on the main highway between Dallas and Waco. It reflected the early prosperity Hillsboro enjoyed as a major transportation intersection point. Grimes Garage, credited with having the first wrecker service in Hill County, also furnished the first complete auto service for early vehicles throughout the area. (Information from NRHP files)
Click on any image to view the photo gallery.