The first Elite Cafe opened in downtown Waco in 1919 and was acquired by the Greek immigrant Colias family in 1920. The Colias brothers opened this Elite Cafe in 1941 on "The Circle," a traffic hub built on Waco's suburban edge in the early 1930s. A highly recognized local landmark, and one of the best remaining regional examples of mid-twentieth century roadside architecture, the building exhibits a distinctive Spanish Colonial style popular in the southwest. (Information from RTHL files)
Click on any image to view the photo gallery.