Following the award of funds, a grant project is administered by the THC in partnership with the county and its representatives. The rules adopted for the program adminstration are found in the Texas Administrative Code, Chapter 12 (PDF). Further guidance on project oversight procedures are provided in the THCPP grant manuals:
Emergency Grant Manual (PDF)
Planning Grant Manual (PDF)
Reimbursement Request Form (PDF)
- The grants funds are provided on a reimbursement basis.
- No grant funds may be used for work undertaken prior to the date of the grant award.
- Grants may be made for the purpose of completing construction plans and specifications.
- Grant recepients must execute a Funding Agreement and initiate their projects within 6 months of the award date.
- Counties compensate and contract directly with a preservation architect and a construction contractor using methods that comply with state purchasing laws.
- The THC establishes the standards and the quality of the work performed on the project.
- The scope of the project may be adjusted by THC in consultation with the county in consideration of the state funds available.