The 1886 Second Empire style courthouse with Italianate details is the design of Alfred Giles.
The interior and the overall exterior form and detailing remain remarkably intact. The building's most significant alterations occurred in 1915 and 1925 with the plaster coating of the exterior porous brick.
The grant project called for site repairs, ADA modifications, full roof, dome and statue restoration, and updated systems.
The building was rededicated on Jan. 5, 2002.
Before and After Restoration
Click on any image to view the photo gallery.