Built in 1891, this formerly Italianate courthouse by T.S. Hodges received a layer of exterior stucco in 1936 as well as an exterior entry stair, removal of gabled roofs, and alterations to the tower.
The electrical condition of the building was determined such a hazard that the county applied for and received emergency funding to re-wire the building and replace outdated panels. This emergency stabilization has been achieved and the courthouse will be eligible for further restoration funds.
The electrical re-wiring work was completed in August 2004.