The THC supports the free exchange of ideas on the social media pages of the THC—which include our blog, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. However, we moderate these pages and reserve the right to remove comments, posts, photos, or any content if it is derogatory, obscene, off topic, or does not adhere to the following guidelines.
The views expressed in comment fields reflect those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official views of the THC or the Texas state government.
Examples of comments and posts supported include those that:
- Relate to the content in our posts or comments left by readers
- Relate to our mission of historic preservation in Texas
- Are thought-provoking and spark discussion or debate while maintaining a positive, courteous, or constructive tone
- Differ with the content in our posts without insulting the writer, agency, or other commenters
Examples of comments and posts that are not supported—and reserve the right to edit or delete— include those that:
- Are unrelated to content in posts, comments left by readers, or historic preservation in Texas
- Contain political commentary
- Descend into negative or derogatory language
- Are insulting to the writer, the agency, or other commenters
- Promote or endorse products and services (NOTE: non-commercial links that are on-topic are acceptable)
Comments or posts that WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT NOTICE include those that:
- Contain content deemed obscene, indecent, profane, or otherwise objectionable, including (but not limited to) content of a sexually explicit, racially, or ethnically objectionable nature
- Contain unlawful content or hate speech
- Contain advocacy on a legislative issue such as the budget
- Contain personal attacks, including insults, threats, or defamation
- Contain spam or advertising (or any unique content posted multiple times)
- Are disruptive or inappropriate, including personal conversations better suited for private communication
Numerous violations of the above THC content guidelines may result in a commenter being blocked from making future comments or posts on this page.