Friday, November 9, 2018 - 10:00am to 11:00am
You are cordially invited to attend an Official SA 300 Event:
The 100th anniversary honoring World War I veterans and Private David B. Barkley (Cantu) (March 9, 1899-Nov. 9, 1918), first Hispanic to receive the Medal of Honor in the U.S. Army. November 9th is the 100th Anniversary of the day Private Barkley gave his life for his country. He was honored as a hero and laid in state at the Alamo, and is buried at San Antonio National Cemetery.
- November 9, 2018, 10 a.m.-11:00 a.m.
- San Antonio National Cemetery, 517 Paseo Hondo, San Antonio, TX 78202
- Free and open to the public (Seating is limited)
- Wreath Laying Ceremony by students of David Barkley-Ruiz Elementary School
- Address by General Alfred Valenzuela (USA Ret), a World War I Centennial Commemoration National Committee member
- Unveiling of a World War I U.S. Stamp and more
Texas World War I Centennial Commemoration
San Antonio Tricentennial Commission
Office of Military & Veterans Affairs, City of San Antonio
Granadaros y Damas de Galvez, San Antonio Chapter
Alamo Couriers Chapter,
Daughters of the Republic of Texas
Daughters of the American Revolution
Samuel May Williams Squadron
Texas Navy Association
Click on any image to view the photo gallery.