Internship Title: Development/Fundraising Intern
Supervising Division/Department/Site: Friends of the Texas Historical Commission
Semester Internship is Available: Spring/Summer/Fall
Work Location Address: 1510 N Congress Austin, TX 78701
Duration: Semester based
Travel Required: No
INTERNSHIP JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Friends of the Texas Historical Commission seeks a motivated candidate interested in gaining fundraising and non-profit management experience. The fundraising intern will have the opportunity to engage with and learn from both fundraising and other Texas Historical Commission staff on a variety of projects. The fundraising intern will work directly with the development manager and executive director on database maintenance and donor research/outreach, including foundation prospect research and data management.
Complies with all agency Internship Program policies and procedures.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
- Maintain and update constituent records in CRM/fundraising database
- Researching individual donor and foundation prospects
- Aiding in the production of mailing and electronic outreach
- Helping with general administrative work and other tasks as requested
- In the process of completing a Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and attention to detail
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher)
- Experience with donor database systems (preferred)
- Research experience (preferred)
- Interest in non-profiut management, fund development and historic preservation is a plus
REMARKS (Application procedure, Special requirements): Applications must be submitted on the Texas Historical Commission’s Internship Application available on the web at www.thc.texas.gov. Please mail applications to P.O. Box 12276, Austin, Texas 78711 or deliver them in person at 1700 N. Congress Avenue, Suite B-65, Austin, Texas. A resume and current transcript must be submitted with your application. Resumes cannot be submitted in lieu of applications. Applications will be reviewed, and top applicants will be contacted for interviews. After a qualified person has been chosen for the specified internship, letters will be mailed to all interviewed applicants letting them know that the position has been filled. Disability access for application submission, testing and interview accommodations can be provided upon reasonable notice.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER