Casa Navarro State Historic Site is a recorded Texas Historic Landmark and State Archeological Landmark, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and is designated as a National Historic Landmark. The site is very unique and for this reason we ask that special care be taken when utilizing this facility. For your records, you are welcome to print the Casa Navarro State Historic Site Rental Policy (PDF).
- Our low impact use policy requires that we limit party sizes to 75 or fewer.
- One peace officer (paid for by renter) must be present for parties of 50 or more.
- Casa Navarro is open to the public from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Tuesday to Saturday and Noon to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday.
- You may schedule your outdoor event between 5:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. on any evening of the week except State Holidays.
- Music and/or presentations must cease by 10:00 p.m.
- Cleanup must be completed by 11:00 p.m.
- Smoking is prohibited within the Casa Navarro grounds and structures.
Reservations for facility rental must be made at least two (2) months in advance. Please call the Casa Navarro State Historic Site office for an appointment to discuss your reservation and to fill out rental forms. The renter must be 21 years of age or older and must provide valid identification.
- The following documents must be submitted to confirm a date:
- A signed rental application
- General statement of understanding
- A deposit of 50% of the estimated total
- Cancellation of your event less than one (1) week before the event date will result in forfeit of the deposit.
- A fully refundable security deposit of $150.00, due with rental application, is required to cover any miscellaneous penalties (trash removal, minor damage, etc.).
- The deposit will be refunded upon staff’s approval that the facility is returned in the same condition it was in prior to rental.
- Should any damage be assessed, the entire deposit will be forfeited.
- If damage exceeds the $150.00 deposit, compensation will be sought from the renter, including legal action if necessary.
- The rental rate of the Casa Navarro grounds is a flat fee of $300.00
- Rental rate includes set up and clean-up times.
- Rentals may not exceed five hours per occasion. The site must be cleaned and cleared by 11:00 p.m.
- Facilities rental includes only the agreed upon area of the site.
- No interior rooms are available for rent.
- Casa Navarro does not rent/provide decorations, furniture, tents, audio/visual equipment, or dance floors.
- Renter is responsible for informing caterers and guests of these requirements.
- Casa Navarro does not have a food service or catering facility.
- With permission, caterers may use the small sink in the storage room for water and washing small numbers of serving items.
- Any caterer hired by the renter must be licensed and provide site staff with proof of licensure and a certificate of insurance in order to serve food on site.
- The caterer’s contact information, proof of licensure and certificate of insurance must be submitted to the site at least two (2) weeks prior to the event.
- Alcoholic beverages will never be served at Casa Navarro during operating hours.
- Caterers serving beer and wine only must have a permit from the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) and liquor liability insurance.
- No hard liquor will be served on site.
- A copy of the caterer’s permit and liquor liability insurance must be submitted to the staff at least two (2) weeks prior to the event.
- All TABC laws must be followed at all times.
- When alcohol is served, renters must hire one licensed peace officer for the entirety of the rental period regardless of the number of guests.
- Any person under the age of 21 will not be served alcohol under any circumstances.
- Renters themselves are not permitted to bring alcohol to the site.
- Alcohol-only events are not permitted.
- Alcohol can only be served to guests via an open bar.
- Guests must remain on the grounds when consuming an alcoholic beverage.
The site will not accept any freight or other delivered item on behalf of the renter. Items must not be delivered prior to the day of the event.
Parking is limited to the parking areas in front of the site and the parking lot adjacent to the site – all of which are paid parking spots. Renters may not park inside the grounds.
- Renters must hire one licensed peace officer to provide security for events of 35 or more people.
- If alcohol is being served, renters must hire one licensed peace officer for the entirety of the rental period regardless of the number of guests.
- The name of the officer must be submitted to the staff at least two (2) working days prior to the event.
The restrooms on site are ADA-compliant.
Liability insurance is required for events taking place at Casa Navarro. Renters must obtain up to $100,000.00 per occurrence of general liability insurance, naming the Texas Historical Commission as an additional insured for their event. A certificate of insurance coverage must be included in the written agreement for facility use.
- The museum provides no decorator services.
- Under no circumstances will decorations be attached directly to the buildings.
- Most common decorations can be brought and used for special events outdoors.
- However, hanging streamers and other hanging decorations must be hung in a way that does not damage trees or landscaping and requires prior approval.
- All decorations and the items used to attach them must be completely removed from the site grounds.
- Failure to do so will result in the loss of the security deposit.
- Event-related banners must be hung under the supervision of the museum staff, and only with prior approval.
- Full payment is due five (5) days before the event takes place.
- Additional charges incurred during the event will be billed to the renter.
- Payment for extra charges will be due within thirty (30) days of the invoice date.
- Casa Navarro accepts cash and checks for site rental fees and security deposits.
- Make checks payable to Casa Navarro SHS.
- Casa Navarro will deposit the security deposit fee within 3 days of its receipt.
- Renters must fill out a Refund Request form with the “reason” for refund being “other – site rental security deposit.”
- If no damage is assessed, staff will submit the Refund Request form to the Texas Historical Commission Staff Services Division for processing.
- The refunded security deposit will be mailed within 10 business days after receipt of the Refund Request form by the Texas Historical Commission Staff Services Division.
Casa Navarro cannot be rented for political activities.
- Owing to the archeological and historical nature of this site, renters may not drive spikes to hold down awnings or canopies, or otherwise disturb the grounds.
- Use of illegal substances is strictly prohibited.
- Smoking is not allowed on the grounds or in the structures.
- Guests may not enter the museum buildings for any reason without the permission of the staff.
- The Casa Navarro SHS and its staff are not responsible for any personal items or rental property left on the grounds overnight.
- Rice or confetti throwing is not allowed.
- No climbing on museum buildings, trees, fences or walls.
- No guns, ammunition, or pyrotechnics are allowed.
The site staff will monitor events at all times and have the authority to stop any unauthorized activity. Violations of any of the rules may result in the immediate termination of the rental agreement and the expulsion of the renter and his/her guests.
In the event that the rental agreement is terminated due to the above-mentioned violations, the deposit is forfeited and no refunds will be given.