Limited visitor parking is available in our lot located at 9th Street and Embassy Drive at 900 East 9th Street. Metered parking is available along San Marcos Street, 9th and Embassy Drive. Visit Park ATX for more information about metered street parking.
Groups & Tours
Admission for self-guided tours of the historic French Legation is offered Tuesday through Saturday during museum hours. Guided tours are available at 1:00 and 3:00, and are limited to 10 ticketholders. Tours meet on the front porch of the historic Legation building. Group tours are available by reservation by calling 737-226-1399 or at FLfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Reserve TEKS-aligned school field trips by contacting our Museum Educator at 737-226-1399 or at FL-Education@thc.texas.gov.
Café Legation & Museum Store
Located in the Visitor Center. Proudly serving Starbucks products as well as a selection of grab-and-go items for a quick meal or snack. Our museum store features gifts and souvenirs of your visit to the French Legation State Historic Site and the City of Austin. Purchases made through the kiosks
The historic French Legation building and the visitor center is wheelchair accessible and connected via paved pathways. Accessible restrooms are located at the visitors center building. It is a short distance from the visitors center to the French Legation building.
- Water fountains are available in the Visitor Center courtyard.
- Restrooms are accessible, gender-neutral and offer diaper changing stations. They are located in the Visitor Center courtyard.
- Coolers are not permitted onsite.
- Food and beverages are not permitted in the historic French Legation building.
- Pets on a leash are permitted onsite but not in the historic structures. Service dogs are always welcome.
- Personal photography is welcomed onsite, but commercial photography may be subject to permit requirements and service fees.
- Smoking and vaping are not permitted anywhere on the site.
- Bullock Texas State History Museum
- Blanton Museum of Art
- Elisabet Ney Museum
- Emma Barientos Mexican American Center
- George Washington Carver Museum, Cultural and Genealogical Center
- Harry Ransom Center
- Joseph and Susanna Dickinson-Hannig Museum
- LBJ Presidential Library
- Mexic-Arte Museum
- Neill-Cochran House Museum
- O. Henry Museum
- Oakwood Cemetery
- Old Bakery and Emporium
- Texas Capitol Visitors Center
- Texas State Capitol
- Texas State Cemetery
- Texas Govenor's Mansion
- Texas Memorial Museum