Weddings and Special Events
Host your next Special Event at the San Jacinto Museum and Battlefield!
The San Jacinto Monument, at 570 feet, is one of the finest examples of Moderne (Art Deco) architecture in the United States. Today, the world's tallest war memorial provides a historically rich and unique location to host the party of the century or an intimate gathering. Each event space sets the scene for your corporate receptions, weddings, or nonprofit fundraisers.
The Battleground site offers a serene backdrop to make your next event one to remember. From the grand oaks trees to the reflection pool, you and your guests will be surrounded by history. The spacious grounds can accommodate small to large groups without feeling crowded.
Event Rental Spaces
- Monument Lobby: Located inside the Monument, the museum lobby and exhibit halls surround guests with over 500 years of history. The room features Texas Cordova shellstone walls and terrazzo floors. You can seat between 100 to 150 for a seated or standing reception. The lobby is ideal for wedding receptions, large gatherings, or corporate events.
- Jesse H. Jones Theatre: The Theatre offers state-of-the-art audio-visual capabilities, theatrical staging, lighting and sound capabilities, and wheelchair accessibility. Spacious yet intimate, our fully-equipped theater is perfect for film screenings, wedding ceremonies, live performances, seminars, presentations, concerts and panel discussions. The Theatre has 18 rows of tiered seating, 156 seats and four wheelchair-accessible spaces.
- Monument Terrace: The Monument Terrace is the ultimate outdoor space, an expansive oasis of elegance and grace. The 570-foot high monument, historic limestone walls, timeless Moderne (Art Deco) architecture, and iconic views provides you the perfect backdrop for outdoor weddings, quinceañeras, celebrations, and corporate events. Suitable for small to large groups (50-300 guests).
- Amphitheater: Set against the stunning backdrop of the San Jacinto Monument, the Amphitheater features gently sloping grass seating and a performance area. You can rent it for weddings, corporate events, or private performances.
- San Jacinto Plaza: The San Jacinto Plaza is a freshly-landscaped private ceremony area under a canopy of oak trees, with manicured lawns and a spacious stone platform stage. The natural beauty and spacious area create the perfect backdrop for a spectacular wedding ceremony or gathering.
All event spaces are available to rent together or separately. You can view the floorplan of the Monument in the Venue Rental brochure. Tours of the event spaces are available by appointment only. Use the form below to schedule your tour or email email@example.com.
Outside Catering and Alcohol
You are allowed to use the caterer of your choice for your event. Outside alcohol is allowed and must be controlled by a TABC licensed bartender at all times.
Secure Your Desired Date
A 20% non-refundable deposit and signed rental agreement are required to secure your date. Personal checks, credit cards, or cash are all accepted. The final balance is due seven (7) days prior to your event date.
At least two security officers will be provided during your event to keep guests safe.
You are able to have a DJ or live band during your event. They are required to bring their own speakers, special lighting and equipment.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.