Sep 1 2017 - 10:00am to Nov 15 2017 - 5:00pm
Residents, businesses and community organizations are invited to enter a Scarecrow into a competition for prizes and recognition. The scarecrows will be displayed on the site's fences from October 1, 2017 to November 15, 2017. This program is sponsored by the Friends of the Texas Historical Commission. Proceeds benefit the Portrait Conservation Project and new programs. Entry fee is $20. Entry deadling is September 30, 2017. Register at https://thc.z2systems.com/np/clients/thc/event.jsp?event=3709&-
STARR FAMILY HOME SCARECROWS ON THE FENCE
Requirements for Competition and Exhibition
- This year’s theme is A Fancy Dress Soiree.
- Scarecrow must include some straw somewhere – it wouldn’t be a scarecrow otherwise!
- Scarecrows are required to be named with the name being clearly stated on the entry form.
- Anyone is welcome to enter the scarecrow competition! There are no limits to the number of entries per person/business/club.
- Deadline for Scarecrow entrant forms and fees is one or before September 30, 2017. The scarecrows will be displayed from 9/1/2017 to 11/15/2017.
- Scarecrows will be displayed from 9/1/2017 to 11/15/2017. Scarecrows will be available for pickup on 11/20/2017. Any not picked up by 12/1/2017 will be disposed of.
- Entry fee is $20 per scarecrow.
- Participants are responsible for arranging transport of their scarecrow.
- Inappropriate scarecrows will be disqualified and not displayed. Please keep in mind this is a family friendly program designed to bring joy and happiness to all. No refunds will be given.
- All scarecrows must be able to withstand the weather.
- By entering this competition you confirm that you accept these rules.
- Only scarecrows registered in time will be considered by the judges.
- A group of three judges will be selected by the site staff.
- Judging will take place at 2 pm the afternoon of Saturday, October 21, 2017 with winners announced and prizes awarded at 3 pm.
- Participants do not need to be present to win. Prizes will be mailed if winner is not present.
- Scarecrows will be judged on the following criteria:
- Interpretation of the theme
- Artistic/creative skills
- A maximum of 25 points will be available in each category.
- In the event of tied scoring, the judges will decide the winner to their absolute discretion.
- The following prizes will be awarded:
- 1st Place - $100
- 2nd Place - $50
- 3rd Place - $25