The Friends of the Texas Historical Commission are sponsoring, on the site's behalf, a new fundraiser. We are hoping it will be a hit with the community and something that will occur annually!
What is the fundraiser? It is....Scarecrows-on-the-Fence Competition and Exhibition! Entry fees per scarecrow are $20 and any resident, group, business or community organization can enter. The entry deadline is September 30, 2017. All entered scarecrows will be displayed on the site's fences from October 1 to November 15. Anyone in town can stop by to gaze at these one-of-a-kind creations! Prizes will be given for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place! Don't miss out on helping the site and giving your fellow citizens something fun to look at during the fall.
Funds raised from this event will help us conserve the Starr Family portraits and new programs.
- This year’s theme is A Fancy Dress Soiree.
- Scarecrow must include some straw somewhere – it wouldn’t be a scarecrow otherwise!
- Anyone is welcome to enter the scarecrow competition! There are no limits to the number of entries per person/business/club.
- Deadline for Scarecrow entrant forms and fees is one or before September 30, 2017.
- Scarecrows will be displayed from 10/1/2017 to 11/15/2017. Scarecrows will be available for pickup on 11/20/2017. Any not picked up by 12/1/2017 will be disposed of.
- Entry fee is $20 per scarecrow.
- Participants are responsible for arranging transport of their scarecrow.
- Inappropriate scarecrows will be disqualified and not displayed. Please keep in mind this is a family friendly program designed to bring joy and happiness to all. No refunds will be given.
- All scarecrows must be able to withstand the weather.
- By entering this competition you confirm that you accept these rules.