Ring in the holidays with the Soldiers, Officers, Ladies, and Friends of Fort McKavett! This year we are excited to announce a new experience showcasing the Christmas season with the Frontier Army as you see what life was like at Army outposts across the West. Below you can explore the two experiences we are offering!
Victorian Christmas Fair
- Free Site Admission.
- Historic craft-making including Cookie Decorating, Cracker Snaps, and Pomanders.
- Christmas Tea, served at 2 pm.
- Historic Christmas Carolers.
- Meeting Jolly ol' Saint Nicholas!
"A Very Military Christmas" Premium Fort Tour
- A 50-minute tour of Fort McKavett featuring reenactors portraying the real-life inhabitants of Fort McKavett as they prepare for Christmas on the Frontier in 1876!
- Tours start every 30 minutes from 10:00 am - 1:30 pm. Tours are limited to 10 visitors per tour.
- Tickets can be purchased in-person the day of the event.
- Suggested Donations: $8/adult, $4/child, $20/Family (2 adults & 2 children). Processing fees may apply.
All proceeds go to support the Friends of Fort McKavett. The Friends of Fort McKavett are the premier organization for preserving and promoting the history of Fort McKavett. For more information about their efforts, or to join, please visit: https://www.ftmckavettfriends.com/
Click on any image to view the photo gallery.