Post Oak County Historical Commission is a fictional organization in a fictional county. Texas Historical Commission (THC) staff created Post Oak County as a teaching tool and reference for Texas CHCs. We present this fictional information in a variety of ways to provide general guidance to CHCs. Our hope is that the examples, which highlight common challenges, will help Texans develop stronger CHCs.
What We're Up To in Post Oak County!
Post Oak CHC is not the only CHC celebrating Texas Independence Day.
Click Here to see what other CHCs are planning.
Review our articles below under "Post Oak CHC Independence Day Event Updates" to learn about planning and promoting any CHC event.
Post Oak CHC Independence Day Event Updates
Post Oak CHC Working Documents
2014 Post Oak CHC Annual Report (submitted in January 2015)
- Marker Dedication Program Template (coming soon)
- Marker Dedication Press Release (coming soon)
- Historic Texas Cemetery Application—Pleasant Hill Cemetery (coming soon)
Marker Narratives: The documents below show the good work Post Oak CHC appointees have accomplished over the last few years. We've done our research and submitted the following narratives with our applications for Official Texas Historical Markers. THC has assured us that the accuracy of our history narratives and bibliographies are exactly what is required to get us through the marker process in a timely manner!
- House/building—James and Winifred Whitfield House
- Individuals—Chester T. Jones
- Institutions—Smackdab High School
- World War II—Languid Army Air Field
- Church/Synagogue—Youngstown Presbyterian Church
- Events—Post Oak County Seat Election of 1876
Post Oak CHC Business Archive (coming soon)
Post Oak CHC Plan 2013/2014
Meeting Agenda 10.01.2014
Meeting Minutes 10.01.2014