The list of organizations that provide preservation funding resources for nonprofit organizations. Click on the buttons under each organization to learn more about their individual programs and initiatives.
The 1772 Foundation offers grants related to historic properties redevelopment programs (revolving funds).
American Express supports organizations and projects that preserve or rediscover major historic sites and monuments for current and future generations to experience, with an emphasis on preservation of sites that represent diverse cultures.
The AT&T Foundation supports nonprofit organizations and programs that address quality-of-life issues, with an emphasis on improving education and advancing community development. Funding priorities include community revitalization and arts and cultural programs.
Bank of America Charitable Foundation
The Bank of America Charitable Foundation supports efforts to address critical issues facing neighborhoods and communities. Funding priorities include community development, education, and workforce development.
BNSF Railway Foundation
The BNSF Railway Foundation is dedicated to supporting the communities served by the Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway, and offers grants to nonprofit organizations in the areas of civic, cultural, educational, health and human service, and youth activities.
The Rudy Bruner Award for Urban Excellence
The Rudy Bruner Award for Urban Excellence seeks to discover special places and celebrate and publicize their achievements. These places often transcend the boundaries between architecture, urban design, and planning. They are born through processes of transformation―the renewal of something old, or the creation of something new that resonates in the history of community life. The award seeks to illuminate the complex process of urban placemaking, so it may be strengthened to better reflect the balance between form and use, opportunity and cost, and preservation and change.
The Getty Foundation
The Getty Foundation supports institutions and individuals committed to advancing the understanding and preservation of the visual arts. The majority of funding is through initiatives that target a particular issue or region, and that are carried out in collaboration with the other Getty programs.
Graham Foundation for Advanced Studies in the Fine Arts
The Graham Foundation for Advanced Studies in the Fine Arts makes project-based grants to individuals and organizations and produces public programs to foster the development and exchange of diverse and challenging ideas about architecture and its role in the arts, culture, and society.
Albert and Ethel Herzstein Charitable Foundation
The Albert and Ethel Herzstein Charitable Foundation supports charitable efforts that offer individuals opportunities for advancement through education and enrichment of the human spirit, and contribute to the quality of life in our society.
National Endowment for the Humanities
- Collaborative Research Grants
- Infrastructure and Capacity Building Challenge Grants
- Preservation and Access Education and Training
- Preservation Assistance Grants for Smaller Institutions
- Public Humanities Projects
- Research and Development
- Sustaining Cultural Heritage Collections
National Park Service
- African American Civil Rights Grants
- American Battlefield Protection Program: Battlefield Planning Grants
- Battlefield Land Acquisition Grants
- Japanese American Confinement Sites
- Preservation Technology and Training Grants
- Route 66 Cost-Share Grant Program
- Save America's Treasures Grants
National Trust for Historic Preservation
- African American Cultural Heritage Action Fund
- Battlefield Preservation Fund
- Cynthia Woods Mitchell Fund for Historic Interiors
- Emergency/Intervention Funding
- Hart Family Fund for Small Towns
- Johanna Favrot Fund for Historic Preservation
- National Trust Preservation Funds
- Richard E. Deutsch Memorial Fund for Rosenwald Schools
- Southwest Intervention Fund
Ed Rachal Foundation
The Ed Rachal Foundation supports charitable, scientific, literary, or educational purposes.
The Summerlee Foundation
The Summerlee Foundation provides grants to research, promote, and document all facets of Texas history.
Texas Historical Commission
Texas Historical Foundation
The Texas Historical Foundation funds bricks-and-mortar restoration projects, events promoting Texas history to the general public, publications and scholarly research in Texas history, Texas history educational curriculum development and implementation, as well as curatorial and archeological projects.
Union Pacific Foundation
The Union Pacific Foundation supports the communities the Union Pacific Railroad serves. Grants should improve quality of life and address a critical challenge. Funding priorities include grants for community spaces, including museums, libraries, and historic places.
United States Department of Agriculture
United States Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Community Development Block Grants
- Economic Development Assistance Programs
- Planning Program and Local Technical Assistance Program