County Historical Commissions (CHC) provide an annual report of activities to the Texas Historical Commission (THC). As a courtesy, the CHC Outreach Program provides a report template to expedite this CHCs statutory responsibility and maintain reporting consistency. Reporting each year enables CHCs to comment on timely preservation issues and document organizational efforts. CHC Outreach uses Texas’ Statewide Preservation Plan as the framework for the report to help CHCs align local efforts with statewide plan goals.
CHC Reporting Responsibilities
CHC Outreach sends an email message to CHC Chairs in January with a link to an online report. A paper report is provided to CHC chairs who do not have access to the Internet. This report is used to document activities for the previous year of service. After evaluating the reports, CHC Outreach recommends THC programs and services that will address the areas of need and also suggests local, regional, and statewide partners that may enhance the overall outcome of CHC efforts.
- Access more information about CHC reporting responsibilities here.
- Find out how to improve an annual report here.
- Learn how THC staff learn about CHCs through reporting data here.
Online Reporting for CHCs
By participating in the online reporting method, CHC activity can be documented, compiled, and promoted in more efficient and meaningful ways. Reporting results are used to illustrate the importance of CHC work to elected officials and preservation partners. Most importantly, online reporting enables our staff to better serve the needs of each CHC.
Online reporting enables CHC Outreach to analyze cumulative results, provide more accurate statewide CHC statistics, and identify regional trends for preservationists. We encourage CHCs to become more computer-friendly in order to access this online report, as well as, access preservation tools and resources available online.
Although online reporting is preferred, the THC is committed to serve individuals regardless of access or familiarity with computers or the Internet. Paper versions of the report are provided to individuals who do not have an email address.
Reporting Summaries and Related Links
Cumulative results posted below show general summaries of reporting statistics only. Reporting results that include open-ended answers are usually about 400 pages. If you are interested in these longer documents, please make an Open Records request to secure a copy of the comprehensive reporting results.
CHCs report a wide variety of activities, the best of which support community members who support preservation in all its forms. Jim Hogg CHC promoted the New York Store, a Texas Treasure Business Award winner, having served the community for over fifty years. Matagorda CHC supported the Peaceful Pelican, a historic building that was rehabilitated to be a bed and breakfast.
- CHC Annual Report Tracking 2008 to 2017 (PDF)
- 2017 Annual Report Summary (PDF)
- 2017 Annual Report Cumulative Results (PDF)
- 2017 CHC Project Descriptions (PDF)
- 2016 Annual Report Summary (PDF)
- 2016 Annual Report Cumulative Results (PDF)
- Reporting financial results supplement (PDF)
- 2016 CHC Project Descriptions (PDF)
- CHC Recruitment and Retention Efforts--2011 through 2015 (PDF)
- 2015 Annual Report Summary (PDF)
- 2015 Annual Report Cumulative Results (PDF)
- 2014 Annual Report Summary (PDF)
- 2014 Annual Report Cumulative Results (PDF)
- 2014 CHC Project Descriptions (PDF)
- 2013 Annual Report Summary (PDF)
- 2012 Annual Report Summary (PDF)
- 2012 Annual Report Cumulative Results (PDF)
- 2012 CHC Project Descriptions (PDF)
- 2011 Annual Report Summary (PDF)
- 2011 Annual Report Cumulative Results (PDF)
- 2011 CHC Project Descriptions (Word)
- Spreadsheet for Tracking Service Hours (Excel)
More CHC reporting information here.