Courthouse, 100 W Weatherford St, Fort Worth

Address: Courthouse, 100 W Weatherford St, Fort Worth

Date: 1895

Historic Uses: Courthouse

Stylistic Influences: Beaux Arts

National Register of Historic Places: Recommended Eligible

Previous Designations: National Register Listed (Indiv.), RTHL, SAL

Other Historic Designations: 2070000762, 8200000576, 5439005195

Main Content

Tarrant County Courthouse

National Register Listed: 70000762

SAL: 8200000576

RTHL: 5195

Designed by the firm of Gunn & Curtis and built by the Probst Construction Company of Chicago, 1893-1895.  This red Texas granite building, in Renaissance Revival style, closely resembles the Texas State Capitol with the exception of the clock tower.  The cost was $408,840 and citizens considered it such a public extravagance that a new County Commissioners Court was elected in 1894. (Information from RTHL files)

Photo Gallery

Click on any image to view the photo gallery.