The Cass County Courthouse, originally constructed in 1861 and the only continuously functioning antebellum courthouse in Texas, has been altered several times since its initial construction.
The restoration date for the building was 1934 due to dramatic structural alterations to the roof, the introduction of pigmented stucco to the exterior, and the existence of nearly all historic fabric from this period. The project involved removing a 1980s addition and restoring all 1934 exterior and interior public spaces including decorative finishes, and the restoration and replication of original light fixtures and globes, as well as updating mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems and improving accessibility to meet ADA.
The courthouse was rededicated on Feb. 18, 2012.
Before and After Restoration
Click on any image to view the photo gallery.