This 1919 building is the only adobe courthouse in Texas. Architects Buetell and Hardie designed the building in a Mediterranean style, reminiscent of Renaissance Revival.
Exterior work included installing new piers for structural reinforcing of the foundation to support the 18-inch adobe walls. A new metal shingle roof was installed and exterior stucco removed and replaced.
Upgrades to mechanical, electrical and plumbing, as well as installation of an elevator and fully accessible bathrooms were incorporated.
Work began in late 2002 and was completed by April 2004.
Before and After Restoration
Click on any image to view the photo gallery.