The Second Empire style courthouse, completed in 1884, is the design of W.C. Dodson.
The building survived several natural disasters over the years, but poorly engineered repairs after these events eventually compromised both foundation and roof integrity.
The courthouse also suffered from failing utility and mechanical systems. The grant project reversed and replaced inappropriate interior alterations, restored or replaced windows, replaced faulty and outdated systems, and provided for ADA modifications.
The building was rededicated on March 2, 2004.
Before and After Restoration
Click on any image to view the photo gallery.