Larmour and Watson designed the 1892 courthouse in the Renaissance Revival style.
The building suffered from water infiltration in the basement resulting in rising damp, which deteriorated the basement walls.
The grant project included restoring limestone facades and porticos, replacing aluminum windows with wood, and reconstructing cornice and roof pavilions. Site drainage was also improved, along with the waterproofing of subsurface walls.
The building was rededicated on July 4, 2002.
Before and After Restoration
Click on any image to view the photo gallery.