This uniquely placed courthouse is located a few blocks from the business center in a residential area. Built in 1885, the Renaissance Revival style building is the only intact representative of architect W.H. Wilson.
The courthouse had been damaged by temporary emergency shoring in the courtroom. The structure also exhibited stone deterioration, and current water infiltration from the roof and tower had damaged historic fabric.
The grant project remedied the water infiltration problems, restored interior finishes, and brought the courthouse up to current life and safety standards.
A rededication was held on Oct. 26, 2002.
Before and After Restoration
Click on any image to view the photo gallery.