E.H. Eades of Shamrock, Texas, designed this 1925 brick courthouse in the Classical Revival style.
All new electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems were installed. A fully accessible elevator in a new location allowed for full restoration of the historic balcony, spatial dimensions, and original furnishings in the district courtroom. A new accessible entry and parking was added.
Exterior work included repairs to the steel windows, removal of non-historic aluminum entry doors, restoration of wood doors, and installation of a below grade water proofing to protect the building's new ground floor offices and foundation.
The rededication was held on Oct. 16, 2004.
Before and After Restoration
Click on any image to view the photo gallery.