Online CHC reporting since 2008. Online reporting is the best way for CHCs to help THC staff process annual reports from Texas' 254 counties. The online reporting link is not posted on this public site to prevent public access to the annual report. Use contact information below to request a reporting link.
- CHC chairs will be emailed an online reporting link on January 10, 2020. CHC chairs who do not have an email on file with the THC will be mailed a paper copy of the annual report.
- THC's point of contact for CHC reporting is the CHC chair. Chairs may delegate completion of the annual report. CHC chairs cannot delegate responsiblity of being the THC's point of contact to another appointee.
- If the chair delegates annual report completion, chairs--not THC staff--must manage forwarding reporting instructions/correspondence to appointees.
1. Submit a completed annual report for the 2019 year of service to THC on or before February 28, 2020.
2. Gather reference material before starting the report. You will need the following.
- The number of appointees who served on the CHC during 2019
- A thorough understanding of CHC projects and accomplishments for 2019 (making a list before starting the report is recommended)
- Budget and/or treasury reports/info (end of 2018 through 2019)
- List of educational opportunities your CHC appointees attended in 2019
- Volunteer hours accumulated by your CHC appointees/volunteers in 2019
3. Submission options. You may submit online through SurveyMonkey, email THC a completed report, or mail THC a completed report. Choices are explained below.
THC prefers that CHCs report online through the SurveyMonkey website. This allows our staff to merge data from Texas' 254 counties.
How to Access and Submit the Annual Report
- CHC chairs that do not use computers––CHC chairs with no email address on file will be mailed a paper copy of the annual report. Complete a paper report, make a copy for your records, and mail a copy to the THC (Attn: Amy Hammons, THC, PO Box 12276, Austin, TX, 78711).
- CHC chairs that use computers––CHC chairs who have an email address on file with the THC will be emailed a SurveyMonkey web link on January 10, 2020. The most expedient way to complete your online report is to prepare answers beforehand using the report template below. Then enter the information into the online report accessed using the SurveyMonkey link. Preparation allows you to complete the report in one sitting having collected necessary information beforehand.
2019 CHC Annual Report Template
To be clear, the annual report template and the online report are two versions of the same report. The annual report template is an electronic document into which you type answers and save to your computer. The CHC annual report template enables you to do the following.
- Discuss questions and answers with officers/appointees prior to submission.
- Mark up to use as a reference before entering information into the online report (THC's recommendation).
- For those who do not use computers. Print out, complete by hand, and submit via mail.
- For those who use computer but not Internet. Use as an electronic document, type in answers, and submit via email.
- FYI--If using the annual report template as an electronic document, double-click boxes to check/uncheck answers. Bold answers if check boxes don’t work
Online Reporting Instructions
The online report is accessed through the Internet and hosted through the SurveyMonkey website. Gathering reference material and reviewing reporting questions prior to entering SurveyMonkey will allow you to complete the report in less than 1 hour, a bit longer if your CHC is more active. Without preparation, reporting will take much longer to complete, requiring several stops and starts to find the required information.
Before entering the online survey, please read the following instructions:
- Once reporting answers are prepared using the annual report template, use the SurveyMonkey link (issued to CHC chairs) to enter the online report hosted on the SurveyMonkey website.
- The online report is a series of web pages that you click through as you answer questions. Your answers are saved in SurveyMonkey as you move from page to page. For this reason, be sure to move to the next page BEFORE exiting the online report.
- Multiple choice answers have a box or circle beside each statement. Select answers by mouse-clicking on the box or circle; click the box or circle again to deselect answers.
- A final check of answers must be completed prior to clicking “Done” on the last page of the report. Once you click done, you won't be able to get back into the SurveyMonkey report.
- THC staff can access your online report, but you cannot. For this reason, THC staff will email the chair a copy of completed report--allow eight (8) business days to receive the emailed report.
- Trouble accessing the online report? Try a different web browser--for instance, use Firefox instead of Internet Explorer, etc.
- Need to exit SurveyMonkey prior to completing the report? You MUST use the same computer each time you access the online report. Re-enter the online report using the SurveyMonkey link you were emailed. Re-entering SurveyMonkey will take you back to the reporting page you saved last.
- Trouble re-entering the online report you've started? Ask yourself these questions: Are you using the same computer to access SurveyMonkey? Did you advance pages to save information in the report? Still having trouble? Don't panic. Call Amy Hammons (512.475-2692) or Nano Calderon (512.463-9052) if you are not able to re-enter SurveyMonkey.
Confirming THC Receipt of CHC Report
General confirmation of reports received is handled through the CHC listserv, to which all CHC chairs are subscribed. This update is issued each week between mid-January and early-March. CHC annual reports recevied by THC are reported regardless of submission preference--online, email, or mail. We hope this effort will prevent daily calls and emails from CHCs asking if their report has been received. Please remember that there are 2 outreach staff for 254 counties.
We appreciate your patience, and participation in the CHC reporting process!
Learn how to improve your CHC annual reports here.