Story of Texas Workshop: Telling your story in bigger and better ways
The Bullock Texas State History Museum interprets the continually unfolding "Story of Texas” to the broadest possible audience. The Texas Historical Commission (THC) saves the real places that tell the real stories of Texas. Join us for a one-day workshop exploring our shared mission to improve the way we tell our story.
On September 8, 2014, the Bullock Museum and the THC will host a day of programming highlighting a variety of ways that Texans can tell their stories. Session speakers will discuss the importance of choosing words, pictures, and programs that engage your audience. This information will help improve the way we educate, influence, and persuade.
Additional material located on the following web links
Texas Story Project from the Bullock Texas State History Museum
Many thanks to our partners for their participation in this workshop:
- Kate Betz and staff of the Bullock Texas State History Museum
- Liz Carmack and the Texas Association of Counties
- Donna Howard, State Representative District 48
- Evan Thompson and Preservation Texas
- Rebekah Dobrasko and the Texas Department of Transportation