Are you interested in archeology? See these topics for more information:
What Does An Archeologist Do?
What's the difference between an archeologist and a paleontologist or geologist?
Careers in Archeology
Are you interested in this work?
Learn about archeology with others who share your interests.
Current Archeology in Texas
See the latest issue of the Archeology Division's semiannual publication or read past issues for other interesting stories about our work.
- Current Archeology in Texas 2012 (PDF)
Archeological Abstracts Web Application
Texas Archeology in the Classroom: A Unit for Teachers
- Appendix: Acknowledgements and Introduction (PDF)
- Part I: Introduction to Archeology, Prehistory and Historic Sites (PDF)
- Part II: Classroom Activities (PDF)
- Part III: Resources for Teachers (PDF)
- Part IV: Supplemental Materials (PDF)
Curatorial Facility Certification Program
- Certified Curatorial Facilities (PDF)
- Handout (PDF)
- Handbook (PDF)
- Application (Word) (PDF)
- Self-Evaluation (Word) (PDF)
- Field Review Questions (Word) (PDF)
- Field Review Observation Questions (Word) (PDF)
- Annual Reporting Form (Word) (PDF)
- Held in Trust Agreement (PDF)
- U.S. CRM Case Law Database 1906-2009 Compiled by Robert Z. Selden Jr. and C. Britt Bousman (PDF)
Order Technical Publications (PDF)
(fee plus postage)
- A Property Owner's Guide to Archeological Sites (PDF)
- Artifact Collecting in Texas (PDF)
- Destruction of Archeological Sites in Texas (PDF)
- Documenting Archeological Collections (PDF)
- Historic Texas Lands Plaque (PDF)
- How to Get Involved in Texas Archeology(PDF)
- Laws that Protect Archeological Sites(PDF)
- Marine Archeology in Texas (PDF)
- State Archeological Landmark Designation: A User's Guide (PDF)
- Texas Archeological Stewardship Network: Volunteers Saving the Past (PDF)
- Texas Archeology Awareness Month: A Learning Opportunity for All Ages (PDF)
To request free printed copies of these brochures, contact the Archeology Division or call 512.463.6096. If replying by email, please include your name and phone number.