THC Historic Resources Survey Packet
THC staff created a free Historic Resources Survey Packet that is available to anyone interested in conducting a historic resources survey. The Packet includes all of the presentations and documents listed below in addition to the THC-designed Access database survey template. The Packet is available for download upon request. To request a download link, please contact email@example.com.
In order to make a historic resources survey project easier for the professional consultants and volunteers alike, the THC created short PowerPoint presentations and other documents on survey topics.
- How to Take Photographs for Historic Resources Surveys (video.wmv 46 MB, PowerPoint w/ audio 11.5 MB, or pdf format 2 MB).
- Historic Resources Survey: a 10-minute presentation on what surveys are, why they are needed, and the typical levels of survey work (video.wmv 54 MB, PowerPoint w/ audio 15 MB, or pdf format 3.5 MB).
- Evaluating Historic Resources for Significance and Integrity: an 11-minute presentation on how to evaluate historic resources (video.wmv 55 MB, PowerPoint w/ audio 30 MB, or pdf format 3.5 MB).
- Architectural Details for Residential Buildings: a 13-minute presentation on architectural details for residences (video.wmv 86 MB, PowerPoint w/ audio 94 MB, or pdf format 8.2 MB).
- Architectural Styles: Residential: a 15-minute presentation on residential architectural styles (video.wmv 86 MB or pdf format 12.3 MB).
- Commercial and Civic Architecture: an 8-minute presentation on commercial and civic architectural types (video.wmv 46 MB, PowerPoint w/ audio 23 MB, or pdf format 4 MB).
- Taking Stock of Treasure: Modern Architecture: a 12-minute presentation on modern architectural styles (video.wmv 73 MB, PowerPoint w/ audio 23 MB, or pdf format 4 MB).
- THC Historic Resources Survey Manual (2.5 MB pdf)
- THC Survey Form (electronic version)
- THC Survey Form (printable version)
- Photo Log
- NPS National Register Photo Policy Fact Sheet
- THC Photo Labeling Protocol
- TARL Texas County Abbreviations